As part of the First World War: Then and Now programme, the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) is making at least £1million a year available until 2019 in small, community grants.
These grants will enable local community groups to explore, conserve and share their First World War heritage and deepen their understanding of the impact of the conflict.
Successful projects will include:
- researching, identifying and recording local heritage;
- creating a community archive or collection;
- developing new interpretation of heritage through exhibitions, trails, smartphone apps etc;
- researching, writing and performing creative material based on heritage sources;
- conserving and finding out more about war memorials.
To find out more about the programme, and to apply for funding for a project, visit the HLF’s website here.