May 25, 2012 in Uncategorized
As many of you will know, over the next few days you should be receiving your ballot to vote for six NEC constituency candidates and your NPF representatives. I am writing to you about the candidates that I will be supporting as I believe they are the best people to ensure the Labour party is a campaigning machine which can sweep us back into power in 2015.
For the six NEC postions I will be supporting:
- Luke Akehurst Current NEC member, campaigns expert, twice parliamentary candidate and councillor;
- Ellie Reeves NEC member for over five years, vice chair of Refounding Labour, and trade union lawyer
- Ruth Smeeth Anti fascist campaigner for Hope Not Hate and former PPC for Burton in the West Midlands
- Florence Nosegbe A local councillor in Lambeth working to tackle youth and gang crime and a former organiser in the Eastern region;
- Joanne Milligan Longstanding NPF member, former campaign coordinator, chair of Scottish Labour Students as well as holding various CLP positions;
- Peter Wheeler Former NEC member, trade union activist and active campaigner in the North West.
If you would like to read more about these candidates and why they are standing for the NEC please visit here.
I will also be supporting the following people for the NPF in the South West who would also really appreciate your votes. I will be supporting:
- Glyn Ford
- Kheir Dillon
- Clare Moody
- Brenda Weston
All of these NPF candidates are fantastic local campaigners but also know that we need the right policies on the doorstep to ensure victory in 2015.
I hope you will consider supporting these candidates, please remember to get your ballots in the post before the 13 June.